freetds - Re: [freetds] Stability & Known Issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Stability & Known Issues
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:50:50 -0400

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 11:45:14 -0400
Randy Syring <randy AT rcs-comp.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how stable FreeTDS is an what the current Known Issues
> are. There seems to be a discrepancy between the FAQ:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#Are.there.any.known.issues
>
> and the user guide:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/troubleshooting.htm#KNOWNISSUES

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy. It's hard to keep it all
synchronized, and even harder to know how well things work in
environments one doesn't use.

The FAQ applies to more than one version; the UG is specific for the
particular release it describes.

> Also, what is the current version? It seems like 0.8.2:

Yes, 0.82.

> http://www.freetds.org/news.html
>
> but I saw in the list archives that someone is working on 0.91RC, so
> I am confused a bit by the jump in version numbers.

We're approaching 1.0 asymptotically:

$ echo 0.$((82 + (100 - 82)/2))
0.91
$ echo 0.$((91 + (100 - 91)/2))
0.95

That version has been branched in CVS. There's only some minor release
gadgetry prevent the first release candidate from seeing the light of
day. Should happen very soon.