freetds - Re: [freetds] Stability & Known Issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Stability & Known Issues
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 09:48:05 +0200

2011/4/6 Randy Syring <randy AT rcs-comp.com>:

> I am wondering how stable FreeTDS is an what the current Known Issues
> are.  There seems to be a discrepancy between the FAQ:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#Are.there.any.known.issues
>
> and the user guide:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/troubleshooting.htm#KNOWNISSUES

Yes, they should match more. From FAQ I would remove "BCP of text and
image types is broken for Microsoft servers" and "ODBC lacks a
client-side cursor implementation".

> Also, what is the current version?  It seems like 0.8.2:
>
> http://www.freetds.org/news.html
>
> but I saw in the list archives that someone is working on 0.91RC, so I
> am confused a bit by the jump in version numbers.

In news there is 0.82, not 0.8.2 so 0.91 is the next version (RC means
quite stable but not enough tested to be a release). 0.91 > 0.82 so I
see no problem in release numbers, the jump means that we worked a lot
:)

Regards
Frediano Ziglio