freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.91 User Guide

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.91 User Guide
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:10:50 -0400

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:37:55 -0400
Bob Hetzel <beh AT case.edu> wrote:

> Here's some minor items I happened upon,
>
> 1) The following image URL's (from multiple places) are not getting answered

Fixed, thanks.

> 2) On the "What is FreeTDS" page, it should have a link to the MS TDS
> protocol document which I saw mentioned on this list a while back.

No can do. Microsoft never read http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html.
The more you link to their site, the more broken links you have.

> 3) On the page "How to build: Configure and make", typo in "This require
> you to config".

Fixeded, thanks.

> 4) Also on that page, I would suggest removal of the "For Experts" section.

Acknowledged, but stet, at least for now. I think actually the whole section
could be more concise. I'll give it some thought.

There needs to be a concise reference for people who know what they're doing,
and gentler one for those who are struggling to get their web whosis working.

The idea is that if you know your way around configure, you just have to find
your options and get underway. Your suggestion makes me think the options
should be on a page by themselves, separated from the narrative of how to run
configure.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep 'em coming!

Regards,