freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.91 User Guide

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.91 User Guide
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:37:55 -0400

Great work! Glad to see a new release is nearing!

Here's some minor items I happened upon,

1) The following image URL's (from multiple places) are not getting answered
http://freetds.schemamania.org/91/images/note.gif
http://freetds.schemamania.org/91/images/tip.gif

2) On the "What is FreeTDS" page, it should have a link to the MS TDS protocol document which I saw mentioned on this list a while back.

3) On the page "How to build: Configure and make", typo in "This require you to config".

4) Also on that page, I would suggest removal of the "For Experts" section. Experts should read the info on the configure options, since building with the default options may not provide something usable in their environment (for instance if SSL encryption is set to required at the server side).

Bob