freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS status
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:40:52 -0400

A brief note to notify the community about goings on.

We're planning a release. The documentation has been updated and the code
works to Frediano's and my satisfaction. If you have a patch we haven't
applied, please send it or speak up. If there's an unaddressed bug, I want
to see it fixed or at least documented in BUGS. It's not too soon to start
testing the nightly snapshot to make sure it works as expected in your
environment.

Expect to see a release candidate as soon as the technical issues (below
described) are resolved.

We've been beset with technical difficulties quite apart from anything to do
with a compiler.

First SourceForge went off the air and we were without CVS for two
weeks. We will quit SF after the release.

Then the freetds.org domain nameserver went silent. Now it works,
but the MX is wrong.

And the website hosting service hasn't been able to get
www.freetds.org working.

The job of getting the domain and webite working again falls to your humble
maintainer, who's been on the case since the problems first arose. The
details don't matter. Siscom.net has been very good to FreeTDS over the
years, and I'm sure they will get this ironed out soon.