freetds - Re: [freetds] SSL connection to MS SQL 2008 - working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Plot Lost <plot.lost AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SSL connection to MS SQL 2008 - working
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:44:08 +0400

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Bob wrote:

> When I last got freetds to work with encryption it was SQL 2005 not 2008,
> but anyway I couldn't get openssl to work, and somebody on the list
> suggested trying GNUTLS instead. Have you tried that?
>
> Bob

Well, this was the eventual solution - thanks.

Just to summarize:

OpenSSL handshake fails unless the list of ciphers is extended. Even then
though once the handshake is complete the login phase fails (hangs)

GnuTLS works, but the configure script needs to be changed to support
versions from 2.8.0 or above.