freetds - Re: [freetds] Help connecting with tds to MSSQL 2008

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Help connecting with tds to MSSQL 2008
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:24:52 -0400

Gal Rubinstein wrote:

> ps: here is the dump:
> log.c:190:Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.65

I'm not sure what version that is, but I know it's very old. It won't
prevent you from connecting, but you'll re-encounter bugs long since
fixed. I recommend a recent snapshot or, at the very least, updating to
the lasted patched version of the 0.82 release.

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-patched.tgz

> as for tsql, do you know of a windows version?

The current snapshot includes a Makefile that builds all the FreeTDS
utilities on Windows.

HTH.