freetds - Re: [freetds] mssql_execute(): stored procedure execution failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sylvain Viart - Gmail <sylvain.viart AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mssql_execute(): stored procedure execution failed
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:11:23 +0200

Hi,

It's unlikely anyone unfamiliar with your environment can help you
without a much more detailed definition of "works".

Sorry about that, our problem is that its legacy php code.

I've errors like :

mssql_init(): unable to init stored procedure

But the same page may work if I hit reload.

Does it give any error messages when it doesn't work?

PHP Warning: mssql_init(): unable to init stored procedure in read_msg.php on line 46
PHP Warning: mssql_execute() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in read_msg.php on line 47
PHP Warning: mssql_free_statement() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in read_msg.php on line 48

PHP Warning: mssql_init(): unable to init stored procedure in read_msg.php on line 126
PHP Warning: mssql_bind() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in read_msg.php on line 129
PHP Warning: mssql_execute() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in read_msg.php on line 131
PHP Warning: mssql_free_statement() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in read_msg.php on line 132
PHP Warning: mssql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in read_msg.php on line 133

Does it run but return incorrect results?

not really:
all is dependent of the previous error failing to init the stored procedure.

What exact differences are there in a server-side trace for
the case where it works compared to the case where it doesn't?
Sorry I'm not able to extract part of the log, because I can see where it match the failing php statement.
could you give me clue about setting a less verbose freetds log?

dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
debug flags = 0x2006

Or any help to isolate the error? (URL ?)
I'm not freetds familiar, can I restrict logging to a specific vhost?

It's on a production server, if I set debug flags 0x4fff. I got a lot of output that I can't use for the moment.

What exact differences are there in the log between the case that
doesn't work and the one that does, or between your old FreeTDS
version and the new one?
I don't know how to do that.

We have supposed a problem with encoding, or persistent connection.
do you have any URL where I can learn about how to trace the error more precisely?

Regards
Sylvain.