freetds - Re: [freetds] MinGW + Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MinGW + Windows
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:46:18 -0400

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 07:26:06AM +0300, Harry Sfougaris wrote:
> I'm not interested in doing it from the command line (as opposed to from
> within Visual Studio), but rather to compile it with a different compiler.

Perhaps if you post the link command and the first 10 so errors, we'll be
able to help. Also, how was Qt compiled?

FreeTDS is a C library. On a Windows platform it will take the form of a
COFF binary, no matter what compiler is used. As I'm sure you know, the
*compiler* per se just converts C to object code. But it can be told to make
certain assumptions with every header file about the libraries its output
will be linked to. For everything to work properly, all components in the
final executable need to share a single definition of each global name e.g.
strcpy(3). If some of your code is linked to glibc and other to Microsofts's
C runtime library, I'd expect problems.

HTH.