freetds - [freetds] MinGW + Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Harry Sfougaris <hsfougaris AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] MinGW + Windows
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 06:38:07 +0300

(I'm sorry if this will appear as a repost, but I had digest set on in my
prefs, and I was not receiving the replies so I may respond. I promise it
won't happen again. :) )

To both Paul and James:
>> Harry:
>> Which version of Visual Studio are you using?
>> I was able to build FreeTDS under Windows Vista using VC9.
>> Did you try building a "Hello SQL" app and linking to the Windows build of
>> FreeTDS?
>> This would confirm that the dlls are okay in your Windows build.
>> Paul
>>In the current snapshot, there's a file "Nmakefile" in the top directory.
>> If you have>> Visual Studio, you should have those utilities, too. HTH.
>> --jkl
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly: I can compile it with Visual Studio
(even with Visual Studio 2010).
My problem is that the built libraries cannot be used by Qt, as I'm getting
linker errors; after some googling I came to the conclusion that I should not
expect to use a library built with Visual Studio with other compilers (Qt
uses MinGW under Windows).

So I need to somehow build it using MinGW (I think). Is compiling with Visual
Studio the only available option under Windows?
Maybe I'm even wrong about the mixing of libraries from different compilers.

Harry Sfougaris