freetds - [freetds] MinGW + Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Harry Sfougaris <hsfougaris AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] MinGW + Windows
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:19:21 +0300

I've been struggling with this for days, and I would like to ask if anyone
know how to build FreeTDS under Windows, without using Visual Studio.
The Visual Studio project compiles just fine (although with many warnings),
but the libraries it creates are not usable by Qt (I get linker errors).
I want to use db-library directly in a Qt project.
I downloaded msys, with which I can succesfully run configure and make, but
it doesn't create .lib or .dll, but rather .a files.
These generate more linker errors...
I really don't care about compiling it with MiniGW, I just want a built
version of the library I can use with Qt under Windows.
And since Qt under Windows used MiniGW, I'm thinking that's what I need to do.

I managed to compile FreeTDS very easily under OSX, and so I must be doing
something very wrong here...

Thanking you in advance,
Harry Sfougaris