freetds - [freetds] tsql command line recall?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Patrick Taylor <taylor AT stsci.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] tsql command line recall?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:40:43 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone here will be able to answer this question for me. I have two servers. One has

Version: freetds v0.82

and the other has:

Version: freetds v0.82.1.dev.20090618

I expect that they should be pretty close in functionality though. The question is about tsql. The v0.82 version allows for command line recall by using the up-arrow key. The v0.82.1.dev.20090618 is now allowing command line recall. Is this something compiled into the tsql binary? If so, does anyone know if there's a specific configure option I should use to enable this? It would seem to me that some environment variable should be set, but so far I haven't been able to find anything.
If anyone has any ideas please send them in.

Thanks!

Patrick
taylor AT stsci.edu