freetds - Re: [freetds] Describe input parameters of Stored Procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Describe input parameters of Stored Procedures
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:48:35 +0200

2009/10/2 Reg <reg AT t-online.hu>:
> Hello
>
> I'm new to FreeTDS, and I have some problems/questions.
> I use Sybase ASA 9.
>
> First, my aim is to be able to describe the input parameters of stored
> procedures. As I looked it up in the sybase open client reference, the
> only way to describe input parameters is the usage of ct_dynamic with
> CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT command. Am I right?
>
> I think it is not well documented, and the only samples I've found in
> this subject is the ct_dynamic.c in freetds, and it's the equivalent in
> OpenClient. But these do not use any stored procedures.
> Is CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT capable of retriving the input params of a stored proc?

There is also a store procedure sp_sproc_columns that returns these
kind of informations.

> My secound question is that I've downloaded the source from CVS, and
> I've run the make check, and some tests failed.
> dblib 9 of 34 tests failed,
> tds 4 of 17 tests failed,
> during ctlib test, cancel.c prints  - SIGALRM  endlessly somewhere after
> line 109.
>
> Are these normal? Accoring to the nightly test page all should pass.

Perhaps you are using protocol 4.2. I noted this issue after wrongly
change my configuration. The problem is that protocol 4.2 does not
support all feature (like prepared statement, rpc and bulk copy). Try
setting version to 5.0.

> Thank you for your help!
>
> Gergely Szentirmai

Regards,