freetds - [freetds] Describe input parameters of Stored Procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Reg <reg AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Describe input parameters of Stored Procedures
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:23:13 +0200

Hello

I'm new to FreeTDS, and I have some problems/questions.
I use Sybase ASA 9.

First, my aim is to be able to describe the input parameters of stored procedures. As I looked it up in the sybase open client reference, the only way to describe input parameters is the usage of ct_dynamic with CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT command. Am I right?

I think it is not well documented, and the only samples I've found in this subject is the ct_dynamic.c in freetds, and it's the equivalent in OpenClient. But these do not use any stored procedures.
Is CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT capable of retriving the input params of a stored proc?

My secound question is that I've downloaded the source from CVS, and I've run the make check, and some tests failed.
dblib 9 of 34 tests failed,
tds 4 of 17 tests failed,
during ctlib test, cancel.c prints - SIGALRM endlessly somewhere after line 109.

Are these normal? Accoring to the nightly test page all should pass.

Thank you for your help!

Gergely Szentirmai