freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hoellig, Peter" <Peter.Hoellig AT trane.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 64-bit Connection oddities
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:32:44 -0500

I was issuing a couple of select queries on various tables. The first
one I messed with when I started was SELECT * FROM TABLE1. TABLE1 was a
table with about 13k rows in it so I only ran that one once because
printing the results took too long.

The next was on a smaller table with about 300 entries. I was running
SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 and that was what I was using for all
of my tests. I also ran SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 WHERE
Contract_Number = 'value' and had the same error results.

There is an odd couple of lines in the freetds.log I took where the
statement SELECT 1 where 0=1 shows up. Even though the only query run
during the logging is SELECT Contract_Number FROM TABLE2 WHERE
Contract_Number = 'value'.

I've attached the log of the queries with the DB login hacked out as
well as the sql.log of the entire thing. In case you want to take a
look.

Thanks again.