freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:42:44 +0200

Il giorno ven, 28/08/2009 alle 09.17 -0700, Robert Mullen ha scritto:
> Is SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM supported currently by the FreeTDS driver?
> I am writing a OS X framework for data access use by my companies devs
> and am trying to present a simplified command and parameter paradigm
> for devs more used to a ADO.NET type of object model. The problem I am
> running into is that the dynamic nature of the parameter existence,
> data type, and direction make structure a bit of a nightmare (no news
> to the list members I am sure.) I have gotten by most of this but am
> really struggling with the output parameter data as difficult to bind
> to a buffer when I have no idea of data type, the number of buffers
> needed, etc. I had hoped to use SQLGetData to retrieve the parameter
> after execution but it appears I need SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM and it
> does not appear to be available to me.
>
> Is there a better approach to this problem or a better forum to ask
> the question?
>
> TIA

There is no FreeTDS forum so this is the better place.
We miss even some feature of 3.5 (like *W functions) while you are
asking for a 3.8 feature :(
I was not even aware of this really interesting way of binding
parameters.
I don't think is too difficult to implement it but there is not even
plans for this feature (as the main ODBC FreeTDS developer and not
knowing this ODBC feature I can really confirm it :) )

Regards
Frediano Ziglio