freetds - [freetds] SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Mullen <robertm AT autowc.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:17:53 -0700

Is SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM supported currently by the FreeTDS driver? I am writing a OS X framework for data access use by my companies devs and am trying to present a simplified command and parameter paradigm for devs more used to a ADO.NET type of object model. The problem I am running into is that the dynamic nature of the parameter existence, data type, and direction make structure a bit of a nightmare (no news to the list members I am sure.) I have gotten by most of this but am really struggling with the output parameter data as difficult to bind to a buffer when I have no idea of data type, the number of buffers needed, etc. I had hoped to use SQLGetData to retrieve the parameter after execution but it appears I need SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT_STREAM and it does not appear to be available to me.

Is there a better approach to this problem or a better forum to ask the question?

TIA