freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC], (Cedric ROUVRAIS)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Modesto Sevilla <mpsevill AT uci.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with freebcp and fixed text output [NC], (Cedric ROUVRAIS)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:09:58 -0700

JKL,
Thank you very much for pointing to this patch. This would solve my issue, I will test it.

Modesto Sevilla wrote:
I am evaluating freebcp as a replacement to bcp (Sybase) while
connecting to MS Sql Server 2008. My problem is that when I bcp out a
table even if I specify a format file, the output does not come out in
fixed length as it did with bcp.

I think -- I expect! -- that if you install the latest snapshot you'll see
the behavior is corrected. From ChangeLog:

Fri Jul 10 14:01:28 EDT 2009 JK Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>
* src/dblib/bcp.c pad nullable CHAR written to hostfile.

See the ML discussion around that time.

HTH.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.