freetds - Re: [freetds] rowcount not available? [NC]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Cedric ROUVRAIS <cedric.rouvrais AT sgcib.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] rowcount not available? [NC]
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:57:21 -0400

Hi Alex,

No problems, I probably wasn't very clear. I have seen the report
Microsoft, however it isn't related to the issue at hand. DB Artisan is
working just fine and reporting the correct count of rows impacted.

For me there is no doubt in my mind that it is an issue with the dbcount
procedure.

a++ Cedric

|------------------------------
| "Mittel,
| Alexander"
| <Alexander.Mittel
| @siemens.com>
| Sent by:
| freetds-bounces@l
| ists.ibiblio.org
|

| 08/18/2009 07:52
| AM
|

| Please respond to
| FreeTDS
| Development Group
| <freetds AT lists.ib
| iblio.org>

FreeTDS Development Group
<freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] rowcount not
available? [NC]

Hi Cedric,

"Asche über mein Haupt" -
I should have been quit if I don't know what DBCOUNT(dbproc) is.
MS says, that something changes with SET ROWCOUNT, but for SQL Server 2005
MS said the same.
http://jmkehayias.blogspot.com/2008/12/set-rowcount-functionality-changes.html

Maybe now they really changed something in SQL Server 2008.
Unfortunately I have no v2008 to test.

Mfg Alexander