freetds - Re: [freetds] connection problems - unixODBC, perl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] connection problems - unixODBC, perl
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 01:30:22 -0400

Matthew Fansher wrote:

> ./osql -S CCMS -U my_user -P my_passwd
>
> osql: error: no potential directory strings in "/usr/local/bin/isql"

Argh! :-(

osql has a -I option to assert the directory. I'm working on an update
that examines the strings of the dynamic library used by isql. The logic
is something along these lines:

$ ldd $(command -v isql) | awk '/odbc/ {print $3}' | xargs strings | grep
^/ | while read D; do if [ -r $D/odbc.ini ]; then echo $D; fi; done

/usr/local/etc

Does that work for you?

I'm sure it's a nuisance to debug my script on your machine, but I would
like to make it more useful, so that more people could troubleshoot their
own setups.