freetds - Re: [freetds] Does FreeTDS support access to SQL Server 2000/2005 from HPUX 11i on 64-bit Itanium

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ikorot AT earthlink.net
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does FreeTDS support access to SQL Server 2000/2005 from HPUX 11i on 64-bit Itanium
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:05:13 -0400 (EDT)

Betty,

-----Original Message-----

Before jumping to any conclusion, I would suggest to ask the company that made
the library you are using. It's quite possible that they provide the binaries
that compatible only with 32 bit architecture.

Also, don't try to re-install yet. Since you are using ODBC you can try to
install unixODBC on the machine (ODBC DM) if you don't have it already, and
then
turn the tracing option on. This will produce a log file for the ODBC
functions
call. This way you will know which software to blame for the failure.

Thank you.