freetds - [freetds] tsql works fine, but isql fails (OS X)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "." <gmoniey AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] tsql works fine, but isql fails (OS X)
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:38:37 -0700

I am trying to get ruby to talk to SQL Server through DBI, but I am stuck
because I cant seem to get odbc to work correctly.

FreeTDS is working, as I can do the following:

/> tsql -S MyDSN -U Username

But when I try isql, I get the following:

/> isql -v MyDSN
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[01000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Adaptive Server connection failed
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Here is what my ini files look like:

/> cat /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf

[global]
# TDS protocol version
; tds version = 4.2

# Whether to write a TDSDUMP file for diagnostic purposes
# (setting this to /tmp is insecure on a multi-user system)
; dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
; debug flags = 0xffff

# Command and connection timeouts
; timeout = 10
; connect timeout = 10

# If you get out-of-memory errors, it may mean that your client
# is trying to allocate a huge buffer for a TEXT field.
# Try setting 'text size' to a more reasonable limit
text size = 64512

# A typical Microsoft server
[MyDB]
host = 100.xx.xx.xx
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
client charset = UTF-8

/> cat /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
[FreeTDS]
Description = ODBC Connection via FreeTDS
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage = 1
UsageCount = 2

/> cat /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
[MyDSN]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = ODBC Connection via FreeTDS
Trace = No
Servername = MyDB
Database = DBName
TDS Version = 8.0

Any help would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out over this as I
havent made any progress in days.

Thanks