freetds - Re: [freetds] Getting it to all work on HPUX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting it to all work on HPUX
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:30:56 -0500

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> #if defined(__hpux) && !defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED)
> int socklen;
> #else
> socklen_t socklen;
> #endif

As I read the documentation, that shouldn't be necessary. I would expect
the preprocessor to define socklen_t as 32/64 depending on the value of
_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED.

> Having the same symbol in two different libraries with different ABI is
> not the best solution.

It's up to the developer to set up his environment correctly for the
libraries he's using. As long as the header file correctly describes the
library's ABI, the resulting executable will work without further magic
from the run-time linker.

I don't know enough about symbol renaming to understand how that would
work.

Regards,