freetds - Re: [freetds] Data-conversion resulted in overflow using FreeTDS and SQLServer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Data-conversion resulted in overflow using FreeTDS and SQLServer
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:00:56 -0500

dmarrer AT bci.cl wrote:

> We are using freetds 0.82 to connect to a MSQL database 2005.
>
> When reading certain tables, using fisql, we have no errors but other
> tables give
> the error:
>
> error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
> for each line of results.
>
> The problem was with the conversion of the date format

$ fisql -S $S -U $U -P $P
1>> select getdate() as today
2>> go
today
Nov 30 2008 12:51PM

(1 rows affected)
1>>

Is your default datetime conversion string format different from mine? A
quick scan of the code shows only one call to dbconvert(), and the target
buffer size is 512 bytes, a mighty big date.

I'd expect a TDSDUMP log to be informative.