freetds - Re: [freetds] Data-conversion resulted in overflow using FreeTDS and SQLServer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: dmarrer AT bci.cl
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Data-conversion resulted in overflow using FreeTDS and SQLServer
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:37:33 -0300

Solved my problem

The problem was with the conversion of the date format

Modify my query and use the CONVERT function and the problem will solve it

Thanks anyway

Daymel

dmarrer AT bci.cl

Enviado por: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
27-11-2008 15:26
Por favor, responda a
FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Para
freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
cc

Asunto
[freetds] Data-conversion resulted in overflow using FreeTDS and SQLServer

We are using freetds 0.82 to connect to a MSQL database 2005.

When reading certain tables, using fisql, we have no errors but other
tables give
the error:

error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
for each line of results.

If I use DBArtisan on this database this does not occur.

Could someone please advise possible cause of error and how we might fix
it.

The table where we have an error is pretty standard as follows:

CREATE TABLE PHONE_FAX
(
ID varchar(4) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS NOT
NULL,
ID_USER varchar(9) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS NOT
NULL,
OR_PHONE numeric(6,0) NOT NULL,
DT_START datetime NULL,
DT_END datetime NULL
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ID_USER,OR_PHONE,ID)
)

Thanks.

Daymel