freetds - [freetds] libtds, libreplacements...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: andrey.utkin AT wildix.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] libtds, libreplacements...
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:12:36 +0100

Hello.
The relationship of parts - libtds, libreplacements, libct and libsybdb - is still unclear to me. AFAIR from docs, programs that use freetds functionality must link against libct and libsybdb.
But i`ve found out that some functions are in libtds.a, "that is not installed by default". So i got symbol lookup error on tds_alloc_login that was called from, let`s say, "my program" (a module for CallWeaver server, cdr_tds).

I`ve manually copied libtds.{a,la} to /usr/lib and edited .la to have installed=yes and libdir=/usr/lib, the same for libreplacements, and linked my program with -ltds -lreplacements -lct -lsybdb.

Now i have undefined symbol 'tds_strlcpy' error. It is not called from my program, so it is from libct, libsybdb or maybe libtds. And as i see the problem is that these libs are not linked against libreplacements.

How to `make it work`? In docs there was said that it`s possible to build all libraries shared, not static. I`ve searched for info, but found nothing. Please explain me how to do that or give me some references.