freetds - Re: [freetds] ct-lib unit tests link statically

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ct-lib unit tests link statically
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:44:54 -0400

Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> ldd(1) shows datafmt is dynmically linked to
> > /usr/local/lib/libct.so.4.
>
> Okay. The libtool-generated scripts that call the programs in .libs
> should correctly override the embedded RPATH via LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Sure, but libtool is not generating wrapper scripts for our unit tests:

$ file build/src/ctlib/unittests/datafmt
build/src/ctlib/unittests/datafmt: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), for NetBSD 2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
not stripped

As you say, though, it is doing that for regular, installable utilities:

$ file build/src/apps/bsqldb
build/src/apps/bsqldb: Korn shell script text executable

$ file build/src/apps/.libs/bsqldb
build/src/apps/.libs/bsqldb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), for NetBSD 2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
not stripped

and now I finally know why....

Regards,