freetds - Re: [freetds] ct-lib unit tests link statically

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ct-lib unit tests link statically
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:03:03 +0200

> ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> > > If we find a way to cause libtool's RPATH to precede the values in
> > > LDFLAGS, we could go back to dynamically linked unit tests.
> > >

> > ??
> >
> > I don't understand... I don't use any flags
>
> For normal executables that use a FreeTDS library, e.g.
> bsqldb, I need to
> have /usr/local/lib in its RPATH. The dynamic linker
> doesn't search in
> /usr/local/lib by default.
>
> For unit tests, of course, I don't want to use
> /usr/local/lib, but it's
> being put at the front of the RPATH anyway.

Mmm... so the problem is, you want to add a directory to RPATH but this path
is added
before libraries tests. It seems you have a problem with libtool. libtool
should add local
--rpaths before global one, not after.. perhaps you didn't use proper way to
override
RPATHs (that is a way that like to libtool).

freddy77

PS: IMO libtool is a knife with two side blade... if someone follow me... we
need it but
it's a really nigthmare...