freetds - [freetds] Solaris compile and ARPA_INET_H

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Solaris compile and ARPA_INET_H
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:20:40 -0400

Back on 0.63, I think, JKL and I had a conversation about a warning on
Solaris 8:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2007q1/021229.htm

After which I probably should have sent the tds.h file as modified for a
patch. Well, you know production environments - once it works...

Same issue, and same solution in 0.82. Here's the diff. My change was
absolute on my copy (if it works on Solaris 8, I don't care if I broke it on
anything else), so there might be more needed to keep it multiplatform. Tell
me if you need more info.

(include/tds.h)
29,32d28
< #if HAVE_ARPA_INET_H
< #include <arpa/inet.h>
< #endif /* HAVE_ARPA_INET_H */
<
(right after #include <time.h>)

At some point I'll be doing Solaris 10 as well. (this is SunOS 5.8
Generic_117350-46 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R)