freetds - [freetds] IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS HELL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Federico Alves" <sales AT minixel.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS HELL
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 00:34:13 -0400

I had a horrible two days where my life was upside down because one machine
was using SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS ON, and that affected SQL server to the
point of bringing it down. I checked the code and it seems that that is
chosen by the application. Please let me know if the source code is of my
app, open source, is responsible for this or some general setting that I
forgot to change.