freetds - [freetds] Using FreeTDS ct-lib with Sybase CT-lib loaded

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: rboehne AT comcast.net
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Using FreeTDS ct-lib with Sybase CT-lib loaded
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:07:33 +0000

We are using FreeTDS from Python via a dynamically loaded module. We also
use a module to connect to Sybase servers that uses Sybase's libct / libsybdb
libraries.
The trouble is that the names of the shared objects are the same, so they
can't be loaded
into the same process. We have worked around this problem by hacking the
FreeTDS build to change the names of these two libraries.
Now I would like to make this an option to the configure script, so others
can quickly solve this same problem.

Would you be interested in a patch?