freetds - [freetds] PDO DBLIB fails to load

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hashaam Siddiq" <hashaam AT oriontradesoft.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] PDO DBLIB fails to load
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:19:23 +0400

Hello,

I have recently found out about the limitation from Microsoft’s DBLIB dll
about the varchar fields being limited to 255 characters.

So, after researching I found out about the php_dblib.dll and
php_pdo_dblib.dll.

I had downloaded both (php_dblib.dll and php_pdo_dblib.dll) files and tried
to load them as extensions in php. Initially, both extensions failed to load
and after trying for few hours I found out php_dblib.dll will not load if
.NET Framework 2.0 is installed. Hence, I uninstalled .NET Framework 2.0 and
it started working. But the problem still remains in php_pdo_dblib.dll. This
file still does not load and keep failing with a startup error message: PHP
Statup: Unable to load dynamic library
‘c:\windows\system32\php_pdo_dblib.dll’ – The specified module could not be
found.

P.S. Error message screenshot is attached.

Waiting for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hashaam Siddiq

Software Engineer

Orion TradeSoft

Dubai Internet City / Shatha Tower 1

Floor 14

P.O.Box 211786

Sheikh Zayed Road

Dubai, UAE

Tel: +971 4 364 0299

Dir: +971 4 364 0236

Fax: +971 4 368 8481

Mob: +971 50 524 9512

hashaam AT oriontradesoft.com

www.OrionTradeSoft.com

"Incorporated as a Free Zone Company with Limited Liability pursuant to the
Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Private Companies Regulations 2003
issued under Law No. 1 of 2000 of the Emirate of Dubai (as amended)"

تأسست كشركة منطقة حرة ذات مسؤولية محدودة وفقا لقانون الشركات الخاصة في منطقة
دبي الحرة للتكنولوجيا والإعلام 2003 والصادر بموجب قانون رقم (1) لسنة 2000
لإمارة دبي (وتعديلات