freetds - Re: [freetds] ct_cancel hangs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ct_cancel hangs
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:32:00 -0400

Christophe Combelles wrote:
> I'm posting here my own monolog of a problem I have with
> accessing a windows based sybase ASA 7.0 from python/freetds on linux.

Christophe,

Post a TDSDUMP log of the activity here. That will allow us to isolate
the "hang" at the TDS level, and might provide enough information about
the API calling sequence to decide if Python is doing the right thing.

I changed (i.e. fixed) cancel processing in the current snapshot some
months back, but ct-lib cancel processing isn't something I know much
about. We'll have to compare your log to the unit test (if extant) and
the docs to see what should be done.