freetds - [freetds] New to freetds - question with using to connect to MS-SQL via Perl in Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sean Hopkins" <megavoice AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] New to freetds - question with using to connect to MS-SQL via Perl in Linux
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:36:34 -0400

Hello,

I installed the latest version of freetds on the website last week.
I have been able to connect to a couple of MS-SQL servers with the Sybase
driver.

However, I am running into an issue with a differently named server.
The server has a slash in the name: ORCXPDB1C2\SQL.

Here is my information in Perl:
use DBI;
my $user = "xyz";
my $passwd = "xyx2";
my $server = "ORCXPDB1C2\\SQL";
my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Sybase:server=$server", $user, $passwd,
{PrintError => 0});

I posted on PerlMonks and someone suggested that the new version of freetds
does support the slash.
I was hoping someone would let me know if there is a way to connect to a
server with a slash.

Thank you in advance,
Sean