freetds - [freetds] Using VARYBINBIND with dbbind

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Unger, Doug" <Doug.Unger AT amex.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Using VARYBINBIND with dbbind
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:41:28 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I have searched the archives and not found any information about using
VARYBINBIND with dbbind.

We would like to convert an application from Sybase's DBLIB to FreeTDS,
but are having a problem with varbinary data.

The application DB contains tables with varbinary fields which get bound
to the local application variables via a dbbind and the vartype
parameter is set to VARYBINBIND.

Initially the application didn't compile because VARYBINBIND is not
defined in FreeTDS. I tried VARYCHARBIND, but this failed during
execution because it fails the tds_willconvert check (tds_willconvert
doesn't contain any SYBVARBINARY data types). I see that the
SYBVARBINARY datatype is supported in the tds_convert_binary routine, so
it looks like FreeTDS would handle the varbinary data; I just have to
get past the dbbind.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Doug

*The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be
confidential and/or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and permanently delete the e-mail and any
attachments immediately.

  • [freetds] Using VARYBINBIND with dbbind, Unger, Doug, 07/09/2007