freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds with odbc not working with php5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Riley Griffin" <riley_396 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds with odbc not working with php5
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:28:32 -0500

Sounds like a SELinux issue.

Try:
man httpd_selinux

getsebool -a | grep httpd

Either
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1
or
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1

should do it. I think "httpd_can_network_connect_db" is more
restrictive, if it allows port 1433 and your script can then connect,
then that's all you needed.

That was it!!!
I just set my httpd_can_network_connect_db bool and my scripts work like magic!!!

Doesn't look like a FreeTDS or even a PHP problem, so you were likely
looking in the wrong place.

Sorry to bother you with an error that wasn't related to FreeTDS but I am just glad to have this problem resolved. Thanks guys for your quick and precise help!! :D

Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm