freetds - [freetds] Idea for a patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Idea for a patch
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:51:03 -0400

Have src/tds/config.c output a warning to stderr if it finds a
freetds.conf that it can't read, and call syslog(3) if stderr is closed.

Would that work in most web environments?

I think a warning would be useful; I can't think why it would be good to
have a freetds.conf lying around in a directory that FreeTDS looks in that
can't be read.

Comments? Code? ;-)

--jkl

  • [freetds] Idea for a patch, James K. Lowden, 05/23/2007