freetds - Re: [freetds] apache/mod python freetds.conf problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] apache/mod python freetds.conf problem
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:48:56 -0400

Lee MacDonald wrote:

> I'm having this problem with apache/mod_python and freetds0.64 when
> trying to connect to a mssql server.
> error: DB-Lib error message 20009, severity 9:
> Server is unavailable or does not exist.
>
> However, when running the same script from the command line it works
> fine. I've tried playing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH's, moving the
> freetds.conf to different locations, but all with no luck.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't affect where freetds.conf is looked for. Since it
works from the command line and not under apache, perhaps the issue lies
with the webserver account's permissions? If it can't read freetds.conf,
that's pretty much the same as it not being there.

You can use TDSDUMPCONFIG to show which files are consulted at connect
time.

HTH.