freetds - Re: [freetds] Build Error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Build Error
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:08:52 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I was using the lastest stable release with no issues (freetds-0.64).
>
> Installed freetds-0.65.dev.20070316 on a Fedora core box and
> it would not
> build. It seems readline-devel is a requirement which wasn't
> required in
> 0.64. Nothing picks this up the build just fails with lots of
> errors. Anyway
> sussed it in the end and once I'd installed readline-devel it
> built. Might
> be worth improving configure or make.

Could you post some line of errors?
Probably some new utility require readline, I'll check...

> Next problem is this. Code builds fine on FC2 and FC3 but on
> FC4 the same
> code gets warning which I don't understand.
>
> SQLGetDiagRec(SQL_HANDLE_STMT, Statement, 1, errornumber,
> NULL, message,
> sizeof(message), NULL);
>
> warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of
> SQLGetDiagRec differ in
> signedness
> warning: pointer targets in passing argument 6 of
> SQLGetDiagRec differ in
> signedness
>
> Any ideas why?

You are using a newer gcc which catch more errors. In this case you are
passing two parameters with different sign. In this case errornumber and
message (which should be declared as char) are passed in SQLCHAR*
parameters (which are usually const unsigned char* type) so the error
(due to (signed) char * -> unsigned char * implicit conversion). In this
case is normal and do not produce any problem.

> Thanks
> Duncan

bye