freetds - [freetds] Build Error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Duncan Berriman" <duncan AT dcl.co.uk>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Build Error
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:57:15 +0100

Hi,

I was using the lastest stable release with no issues (freetds-0.64).

Installed freetds-0.65.dev.20070316 on a Fedora core box and it would not
build. It seems readline-devel is a requirement which wasn't required in
0.64. Nothing picks this up the build just fails with lots of errors. Anyway
sussed it in the end and once I'd installed readline-devel it built. Might
be worth improving configure or make.

Next problem is this. Code builds fine on FC2 and FC3 but on FC4 the same
code gets warning which I don't understand.

SQLGetDiagRec(SQL_HANDLE_STMT, Statement, 1, errornumber, NULL, message,
sizeof(message), NULL);

warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of SQLGetDiagRec differ in
signedness
warning: pointer targets in passing argument 6 of SQLGetDiagRec differ in
signedness

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Duncan