freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:11:29 -0400

On strike? They must be under-appreciated then.

I tried;

/usr/local/freetds/bin/bsqlodbc -S dsn=eGolfScore Prod;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx

and a couple of other variants, but am still getting;
[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

However, I decided to try something with iodbctest. I connected to the
above dsn with iodbctest. Then I did a select * from a table with about
1000 rows, it returned the data. I did the select again, but this time
after it started spitting stuff back, I pulled the network plug. After
waiting bout 20 minutes, it still had not responded back. My
FreeTDS.conf has timeout set to 10.

So can I assume that FreeTDS is not communicating back to iodbc with the
timeout error? If not, should I test with bsqlodbc, or would that test
be the same? Or could it be a configuration issue, even though I can
connect ok via iodbctest and my application?

I just want to note I appreciate all your help so far with this.

Dan