freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:01:25 -0400

OK. Thank you. After some struggles I have it working now.

My problem was that I was having problems operating iodbcadm-gtk, so I
just manually edited the odbc.ini.

In freetds.conf I have;

[eGolfScoreTDS]
host = <myipaddress>
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0
timeout = 10
connect timeout = 10

In odbc.ini I have;

[ODBC Data Sources]
eGolfScore Prod = FREETDS Connection

[eGolfScore Prod]
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = eGolfScore Prod
Trace = No
Servername = eGolfScoreTDS
Database = eGolfScore
UID = <userid>
pwd = <password>

Now everything connects ok. I will note that with the pre-packaged
freetds, I was able to do a DSN-less connection, but with the same
setting I no longer seem to. But that could just be my lack of
understanding.

My issue at this point is that things have only slightly improved. When
I disconnect from the network, the application still does not timeout.
However, I have noticed that if I wait 1 min, or 15 min, or longer and
re-establish the network connection, the application will then catch an
odbc error. I am using RealBasic 2007r1 to access ODBC. I will also
note, that on MSWin with the sql server odbc driver, my application does
time out.

So my question. How do I go about debugging what the issue is? and is
this the place to get help at this point?

Again, any help is appreciated.

Dan