freetds - [freetds] SQL Server 2005 Mirroring

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Beth Woods <agentbeckett186 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Server 2005 Mirroring
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:33:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am not very experienced in the
Linux environment, so please bear with me. I have installed and configured
freetds on a Linux Red Hat machine. I have also configured DBD::Sybase to
use
it as its driver. I ran a test script and was able to connect to the MS Sql
Server 2005 database and execute a select
statement.

Our servers are mirrored so that if
the primary goes down the mirror will automatically handle any new
connections.
How can I configure this with the freetds driver? What I basically need is
an
alternate server. I did not see that as an option for the configuration
file.
So, is an entry in freetds.conf like this
possible…?

[SQLServer_Primary]

host =
10.x.x.x