freetds - Re: [freetds] Getting stored procedure output parameters and returnvalues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: João M L Amaral <joaomarcelodf AT yahoo.com.br>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting stored procedure output parameters and returnvalues
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:59:42 -0300 (ART)

João M L Amaral <joaomarcelodf AT yahoo.com.br> escreveu: Hi Frediano, thank's
for your help.

But problem continues. In odbc32 from Microsoft, I do this. It realy works.
But in unixODBC don't.

My SP do not return record sets or rows affected, simply set an output
parameter.

See:

create procedure sp_test
@res int output
as
set @res = 456

Thank you very much...

"ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" escreveu:

> Hi good people, I'm new in this list and new too in unixODBC.
> I'm having a problem with output parameter and return
> values of SQLServer stored procedures.
>
> I'm using FreeTDS driver but unixODBC API. So, I believe to
> be doing everything in right way, but don't work.
>
> I created a SP with an output parameter. My code do:
>
> - SQLPrepare with statement "{ call sp_myproc (?) }"
> - SQLBindParameter with
> SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT
> - SQLExecute
>
> Do not occurs errors, but the parameter is not returned.
>
> This also occurs with return values of SPs with statement
> "{ call sp_myproc (?) }" and SQLBindParameter with
> SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT.
>
> Some help is welcome...
> Thaks

Hi,
this is not sufficient, you have to read all data
(SQLFetch/SQLMoreResults) returned by SQLExecute cause parameters are
the last thing server returns

Frediano Ziglio