freetds - [freetds] FW: MS SQL Query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Shama Dhume" <shama_dhume AT persistent.co.in>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FW: MS SQL Query
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:42:14 +0530

Hi,

Could you give me any idea as to where(in which file) the server information
is stored?(for e.g. For MS SQL Server, the string "Microsoft SQL Server" is
stored on the server(MS SQL Server 2000)).

UCS-2 Unicode uses 2 bytes for every character.
I need to find out how exactly the sting "Microsoft SQL Server" is stored on
the server so as to check with the Unicode representation of it. What I mean
is, I want to know the file where this information is stored.

Any inputs/references which answer this query would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shama