freetds - Re: [freetds] MS SQL Query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS SQL Query
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:01:25 +0200

> Hi,
>

> I wanted to know about "Login Acknowledgement token" which comes in a
> response to a "Login" packet for TDS(protocol version 8) in
> case of MS SQL
> Server 2000.
>
> The question is, in the trace I see Server Name as "Microsoft
> SQL Server".
> But there are four extra unknown bytes(all zeroe's) that
> come after the
> Server Name.
>
> I wanted to know how exactly the encoding is done for storing
> Server Name.
>

> Any inputs/references which answer this query would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shama

I think is some kind of alignment. Yes, it's odd but you will note that
length is 0x16 (22) and string is "Microsoft SQL Server\0\0" (which is
22 characters). If I remember encoding for server version is smothing
like major minor build_high build_low (4 bytes).

freddy77

  • [freetds] MS SQL Query, Shama Dhume, 03/26/2007
    • Re: [freetds] MS SQL Query, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 03/26/2007