freetds - Re: [freetds] php undefined symbol: mssql_module_entry (cannotload phpwith --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] php undefined symbol: mssql_module_entry (cannotload phpwith --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 04:46:04 +0100

From: Carlos GarcĂ­a
Can you help? These are the results for both commands you suggested.
(rdd and readlf). /libsybdb /path is there.
Sorry, I can't help. I don't know what's wrong.

Me neither, but let's start with some basics then.

If you try the command-line interface (CLI) version of PHP, does it load and work properly?
Looking at your configure options, it should be called /wwwroot/php/ bin/php

So, does
/wwwroot/php/bin/php -m

execute properly and list "mssql" as a loaded extension?
If yes, try your scripts accessing that mssql database from the CLI interface too.

DId you get any other suspicious warnings when compiling and linking PHP? Escpecially when it was working on the mssql extension.

Which version of FreeTDS is this? Have you already tried the latest?

Put that aside, I've built PHP with sybase and mssql, no errors at all,
but /Call to undefined function sybase_connect()/ messages.

You can't use any two of the sybase, sybase_ct and mssql PHP extensions at the same time on Unix platforms. You could build them all as shared modules though and load them dynamically depending on which one you need, if you really want to.

I've read i can connect to MS-SQL using freetds.

Yes, you definitely can.

--
fds