freetds - Re: [freetds] 64-Bit solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT mgras.net>
  • To: "Susarla, Jyothi (GMIST, Custody Clearance & Settlement)" <Jyothi_Susarla AT ml.com>
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 64-Bit solaris
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:50:52 +0200

Hi Jyothi,
I'm sending a copy of this EMail to the list, in case someone might be
interested in the results.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 02:28:47PM -0400, Susarla, Jyothi (GMIST, Custody
Clearance & Settlement) wrote:

> [...] Now, we are trying to build
> 64-bit applications and I have been unsuccessful building the freetds
> 64-bit libraries. Can you shed some light on how to build 64-bit freetds
> libraries? I would really appreciate it.

I simply tried the following this evening:

- install SunStudio11
- fetch current FreeTDS CVS
- fix the first line in 'autogen.sh'; in fact, this is _not_ a
Bourne-shell script!, this script requires Bash for proper
execution .... at least this is my experience
- run 'autogen.sh'
- set the following flags:
CC="cc -xtarget=native64"
CXX="CC -xtarget=native64"
CPP="cc -xtarget=native64 -E"
LD=ld
- re-run 'configure' with the appropriate command line flags
- run make
- have fun !

A quick test with 'tsql' worked fine for me,

Martin.