freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with stored proc and varchar parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with stored proc and varchar parameters
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:51:11 +0200

> bflood AT tethermedia.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to freetds. I just downloaded stable version
> (0.64) yesterday and
> > have a simple ODBC app that I am trying to get working on linux
> > (connecting to SQL Server on a windows box). I have a
> stored proc that
> > takes a varchar (basically a string of up to 10 chars).
> However when I
> > execute it no character data gets sent across the wire. If
> I change the
> > proc to take an INTEGER then it works (and I see the parm
> value in the TDS
> > stream).
> >

> Try version 0.63
> I had the same problem with 0.64, going back to 0.63 solved
> the problem.
> Perhaps also read this: http://kb.vankoperen.nl/freetds-problems.html
> Good luck.

Hi Hellert,
please do not mix dblib with ODBC, mssql PHP extension use dblib which
is very different.
Some time ago I wrote this test
http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/freetds/freetds/phptests/r
pc2.php that is very similar to your tests. Currently it works with both
CVS 0.64 (updated) and CVS HEAD. You can find a patch post 0.64 at
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/. I hope this will fix your problem.