freetds - Re: [freetds] SP parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <james.k.lowden AT alliancebernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SP parameters
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:11:49 -0400

Here's the code:

1049 tdsdump_log(TDS_DBG_INFO1, "tds_put_data: null
param\n");
1050 switch (curcol->column_varint_size) {
1051 case 4:
1052 tds_put_int(tds, -1);
1053 break;
1054 case 2:
1055 tds_put_smallint(tds, -1);
1056 break;
1057 default:
1058 assert(curcol->column_varint_size);
1059 /* FIXME not good for
SYBLONGBINARY/SYBLONGCHAR
1059 (still not supported) */
1060 tds_put_byte(tds, 0);
1061 break;
1062 }

It seems you're using a NULL parameter for a column with a weird
datatype, and we don't determine the size correctly. :-/

> what is the solution?.

Use a different datatype, I think.

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review,
dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply
e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not
accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be
responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients,
prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would
not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply"
to the
sender indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New
York,
NY 10105.